TX Arbiter Bandwidth Control - 9.0 English

Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC LogiCORE IP Product Guide (PG051)

Document ID
Release Date
9.0 English

The configuration register settings used for setting the cores local definitions of idleSlope and sendSlope, are described in general, and then from the point of view of a single example which describes the calculations made to set the register default values. This example dedicates up to 75% of the overall bandwidth to be reserved for the AV traffic (leaving at least 25% for the Legacy Traffic).

The calculations described are independent of Ethernet operating speed (no re-calculation is required when changing between Ethernet speeds of 1 Gbps and 100 Mbps).